Mavado A Go Bloodclath Hardddd!! Lawsuits File Against L3 Magazine For Issuing A Statement Which Said Mavado…
Dancehall Artiste Mavado files lawsuits in response to stage show, label status claims
By Marc Parc
Internationally acclaimed Dancehall singjay David Brooks, more popularly known as Mavado has fought back vigorously after reports emerged in the last 24 hours regarding his visa status as well as his label situation.
Several reports emerged yesterday that the Alliance artiste had been dropped from a concert scheduled to take place later this month at the Guvernment Entertainment Complex (Kool Haus) in Toronto, Canada after failing to secure a work permit to enter the country.
Additionally, popular entertainment publication, L3 Magazine issued a statement which in part revealed that Mavado was being dropped from the Cash Money Records (YMCMB) umbrella just two weeks after joining the group as a result of his label, We The Best Music Group joining forces with the New Orleans based hip-hop establishment.
On Thursday, Mavado responded sternly to the claims, reportedly filing several defamation, libel and loss of earnings suits claiming millions of dollars of damages against L3 Magazine editor-in-chief, Natasha Von Castle and co-defendant Ron Nelson in Toronto Civil Court. In the suits, Mavado alleges that both Van Castle and Nelson disseminated lies via Blackberry Broadcast and blog posts issued by both persons.
Furthermore, We The Best Music Group CEO, DJ Khaled as well as Cash Money Records co-founders, Ronald ‘Slim Williams and Brian ‘Birdman’ Williams are drawing up similar suits.
All this news comes just over a week after Mavado was found guilty in an assault case in Montego Bay, St. James. The prominent singjay plans to appeal said verdict.
Cv “boy oh boy, people affi watch what a publish these days because people a go hard fi protect dem investments, so peoples best go easy with the rumors and slandering”